You may be asking yourself, “Should I have a shopping cart on my site?” If that question comes to mind, it probably means your answer should be a resounding, “YES!”
People are using their smart phones and tablets to purchase products more than they are visiting traditional brick and mortar establishments. Your website isn’t just a place for you to market your products; it should be your eCommerce hub where people can connect with your brand, find your latest products and purchase them on-the-spot. In order to stay competitive, businesses must provide their customers with the ability to order products online, while they’re in the shopping mindset.
What Customers Want
- The Convenience. Online ordering allows your clients to shop anytime, anywhere.
- Better Prices. Your customers wants to save money. Online shopping allows consumers to price shop more effectively.
- No Crowds. Avoiding lines, traffic, and stress makes everyone happy.
- Discreet Ordering. Ecommerce provides your consumers to order what they want privately and comfortably.
Shopping carts are not a menial undertaking. Your customers are likely to abandon their shopping cart and not complete their transaction if they have any trouble with your program. Simply put, this is an area of business where the extra investment is worth the cost.
What Your Shopping Cart Should Offer
- Save Feature. Sometimes consumers want to add an item, look around, and come back later to complete the transaction. Allow it.
- Order Adjustment. Customers should have the freedom to make adjustments – different sizes, colors, and products – easy and conveniently.
- Secure Purchase. Your business should ensure the customer feels confident in your ability to secure their information.
The Benefits of a Shopping Cart
Yes, your customers will love it, but the benefits of a shopping cart don’t end with happy customers.
- Save Time. Allowing your customer to order as they choose gives your employees the opportunity to work more effective hours.
- Save Money. Ecommerce may allow you or your employees to work from home, reduce expenses, and avoid unnecessary inventory.
- Encourage Sales. Happy customers purchase more, and more often.
- Customer Insight. Online ordering allows you to get to know your customer better, and help you make better decisions on future products and services.
- Expanded Marketing. You can reach a lot more customers on the internet than you can in a mall.
- Measured Results. Tracking orders allows you to immediately see how sales are doing, where you need to improve, and what direction your business is heading.
- Business Sustainability. Ecommerce is the way of the future.
Acquiring a shopping cart feature for your website can help move your product more efficiently, lower unnecessary inventory, and most importantly, makes your customers happy.